Most Effective Way To Treat Fleas in Your Carpet.
If you own a pet, then there is a chance of being at high risk of living with fleas in your home. The main reason for this is because fleas are adept at prowling for household animals such as the dogs and cats and dogs. If you don’t shortened-live the ones you can see wandering around, they usually have the behavior of burrowing underneath the carpets and the human skin too.
While doing away with fleas underneath your carpet, you should clearly bear in mind that the entire process is fully ensured that the infestation is readily done with for good.
Below are tips on how to you can get rid of fleas which have been enjoying a warm environment underneath your expensive carpets.
Vacuum your carpets thoroughly-You should use the nozzle attachment but not just pushing forward the vacuum cleaner machine. You can successfully achieve this by starting the cleaning process at one corner of your neatly carpeted room, and then you go on vacuuming the carpet in strips style until the entire carpet is thoroughly cleaned. Pay more attention to the room’s corners and the baseboards. Normally fleas like hiding themselves in dark places and the humid areas and for that reason, you should also vacuum underneath all furniture as well.
• Ensure you to focus on the specific areas that your pets like spending more time on, as well as areas surrounding the baseboards, next to the entryways, and under all furniture families.
• In case of heavy infestations, ensure you continue vacuuming the room on a daily basis for 10-14 days.
1. Ensure you vacuum all upholstered furniture in your house- Ensure you subvert all suspected areas at the base and the underside. While vacuuming, you should also be aware that fleas often jump from one place to another and so they can quickly jump onto the furniture and hid there, and they can re-infest the carpet if they are not removed carefully.
2. Don’t keep the vacuum cleaner bag around- While vacuuming the room don’t keep the vacuum cleaner bag somewhere around your house. Instead, after taking it out of the vacuum cleaner, put it in a good plastic bag and tie the bag up properly, and keep it far from your house. This will definitely prevent any remnant of flea from getting back to your home and re-dominate onto your carpet.
3. Consider steaming cleaning your furniture and carpets- If at all you don’t own a steam cleaner machine, you can simply rent one from the grocery store around you or from the home improvement. Make sure you carefully follow the user manual instructions that come along with the equipment. You can as well consider hiring the steam cleaning services from a steam cleaning company. Steam cleaning machines use pressure to exert high temperature inform of steam to the targeted object and therefore end up killing both the adult Fleas and their eggs.
Clean the pets’ bedding- The most successful way to achieve this is by washing the pets’ bedding in a sanitary cycle at your washing machine. Use the hottest possible dryer setting. Do this routinely and on a daily basis until the insects’ infestation is totally gone.
Sprinkle some table salt or borax at your carpet- Concentrate on areas that your pets like resting at. Carefully spread the salt or borax over the carpets, making sure that every particle settles into the carpet’s fibers. If you prefer using borax powder, let it stay overnight in the carpet before vacuuming it up the following day. If using salt, be patient until for 24hours-48 hours before doing the vacuuming. Don’t allow your children or pets set foot on the treated places until the borax and salts are vacuumed.
If you carefully follow the tips highlighted above, the fleas dominating your carpet will be a nightmare. You will be free from the fleas, and you will never be ashamed of welcoming your visitors at your home since the shame of the insects flickering here and there it’s completely gone.